Dr. Barrett Donop, DVM
AVDH is lucky to have Dr. Barrett Donop as a partner. Since graduating from TAMU College of Veterinary Medicine in 2000, he has been practicing exclusively at AVDH. Dr. Donop’s professional commitment to utilize advanced veterinary medicine and diagnostics on every patient ensures the most favorable results possible. His “sleuth-like” diagnostic skills combined with his top-notch surgical abilities improve the quality of life experienced by AVDH patients.
He is highly respected and praised by not only his peers in the veterinary industry, but by his clients as well. Dr. Donop, along with Drs. Hurwitz and Varga, serves as a speaker for continuing education credits for fellow veterinarians. Dr. Donop’s topics include: Practical Uses of CT in Small Animal Medicine and Gall Bladder Disease in Pets. Dr. Donop’s practical approach and easygoing delivery make his audience enjoy learning new technology and methods of treatments.
- Dr. Donop has received extensive training in the following disciplines:
Small Animal Rigid Endoscopy
- Small Animal Flexible Endoscopy
- Small Animal Ultrasonography
- Advanced Laser Surgical Techniques
- Surgical Fixation of Fractures
- Laparoscopy in Small Animals
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA) Cruciate Repair
- Echocardiography in Felines and Canines
- Small Animal Orthopedics and Implants
- Wet Chemistry Hematology and Serology
- Endodontics in Companion Animals
- Abdominal G/I Surgery
- Urinary Surgery
- Pain Management in the Companion Animal
- Vet Stem Research
“Every day is a new day of interesting challenges requiring detective work to solve,” says Dr. Donop. “Here, I have all of the advanced equipment and surrounding talent to tackle just about any problem. Such capabilities make every day rewarding for me and my clients. Life is good at Austin Veterinary Diagnostic Hospital.”
Dr. Donop is a self-proclaimed college football junkie. For four months a year, you can find him, with his wife Shawnna and his five cats, watching ESPN and studying sports statistics. He also enjoys traveling, cooking, and spending time down at Port Aransas.