Your browser does not support JavaScript!

1Treatment: Surgery

Comments: Sadie, a four-year old mixed breed dog swallowed a bacon-wrapped steak with the metal skewer still inside. She began vomiting frequently after and was brought to the hospital for evaluation.

Follow Up Care: Sadie was taken in for x-rays, which discovered that the metal skewer had stopped at the large intestine. Surgery was performed to remove the metal before further damage could occur.

Updates: Sadie is doing well after surgery. She was prescribed courses of antibiotic, pain medicine and placed on a skewer-free diet.